Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Sat Jun 8, 2002  2:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] documentary or movie about singers?

I can't imagine the film will use anything other than Callas recordings -
her sound was SO defineable.

Mark

Karen Mercedes wrote:

Zefirelli has finished filming CALLAS FOREVER, with French actress Fanny
Ardant in the title role, and also starring Jeremy Irons and Joan
Plowright.
Don't know who will be dubbing the singing.

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19359 Re: documentary or movie about singers?Karen Mercedes   Mon  6/10/2002
19369 Re: Callas ForeverDavid Geary   Tue  6/11/2002

emusic.com