Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison"<peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sat Jun 8, 2002  12:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: documentary or movie about singers?

On Fri, 07 Jun 2002 03:25:02 -0000 snide76258 <snide76258@y...> wrote:

>>Interestingly enough, I've just begun to collect theatrical movies about
opera, singing, and music in general. A few I have or am trying
to get:

>>The Harmonists-about the Comedian Harmonists, a German vocal group before
WWII. I own it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. It's supposed to
be good.

It's fantastic! I think it's on my all-time favorite movie list. My husband,
not a music lover, liked the music so much that he asked me to find him some CDs
of the group's (the Comedian Harmonists) performances for him, which I did.

Another couple of movies to consider for your collection are:

The Music Teacher with Juan Pons. A very strange subtitled movie in French about
a retired opera singer taking on a student.

Tous les Matins du Monde with Gerard Depardieu, about the French baroque
composer Marin Marais and his reclusive teacher, whose name I forget. There's
also a great CD of the music in the movie. I'm not terribly fond of the movie,
though it is beautiful and the music is great.

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19357 Re: documentary or movie about singers?Karen Mercedes   Mon  6/10/2002

emusic.com