Vocalist.org archive

From:  "snide76258" <snide76258@y...>
Date:  Sat Jun 8, 2002  4:55 am
Subject:  Re: documentary or movie about singers?

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., David Geary <dgeary@s...> wrote:

> There is another hysterically funny film called "Everybody's doing
it" from 1950 (about) in which
> Celeste Holme is a society lady who wants to sing opera, but her
husband (Paul Douglas)doesn't want her to.

It's actually called "Everybody does it" and as far as I can tell, it
has never been released on video. I caught it on TV some time ago,
and like an idiot didn't think to record it. The final "opera" scene
looks like a cross between Aida and the Ring Cycle! A highlight for
me is the aspiring baritone singing the once popular "On the Road to
Mandalay" by Oley Speaks.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19316 Re: documentary or movie about singers?David Geary   Sat  6/8/2002
19356 Re: documentary or movie about singers?Karen Mercedes   Mon  6/10/2002

emusic.com