Vocalist.org archive

From:  "arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
Date:  Fri Jun 7, 2002  2:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] documentary or movie about singers?

I have two excellent documentaries on Cecilia Bartolli which both
came from www.amazon.com

I prefer the earlier video with her live at the Savoy Hotel in London
(Cecilia Bartoli - A Portrait) to the Live in Italy video.

I also saw a documentary recently about an old people's home, Casa
Verdi, in Italy which is for old musicians and opera singers. It was
in Italian with sub-titles and was really quite an interesting
outlook on ageing musicians!! It's actually the sort of place that
I'd like to go to when I get too old to cope because they have
pianos, spend their days singing. They had singers there that had
performed in their earlier days with the likes of Callas etc. I just
wish I could remember the name ....!!! (looks like I'll end up there
with Alzeimers!)

Kirsty

emusic.com