Vocalist.org archive

From:  daniel marshall <dm90002@y...>
Date:  Fri Jun 7, 2002  11:50 am
Subject:  Opera Videos

I keep a list for students, which includes:

In the Shadow of the Stars
Sing Faster - stagehands' look at The Ring cycle

Both by San Francisco Opera (Lofti M. must love video
production) & available at Amazon or www.sfopera.org

Domingo has several "day in the life of" videos (I
think one of his sons is into production)

Pavarotti also has at least one (of a China tour -
imagine him cycling)

3 Tenors: Encore - IMHO, the best 3 tenors concert;
behind the scenes of the first; there seems to be a
tiny bit of spontaneity

Making Opera: The Creation of Verdi's La Forza del
Destino (Lofti M. again, from his stint in Canada) -
deals a lot with John Copley's views on directing

Opera Fanatic: Stefan and the Divas - Under the Bel
Canto Society's site at
http://secure2.ihwy.com/belcanto/images/bcs_opfan_tm.gif

The Art of Singing: Golden Voices of the Century -
from PBS; includes Thomas Hampson moderating

Bernstein Conducts Wesy Side Story - I include this
because it's so interesting to see him working with
his personal dream cast: Kiri Te Kanawa, Jose Carreras
(trying to sing Tony accentless), and Tatiana Troyanos
(apologies for any spelling errors - it's early here)

The Last of the Blond Bombshells - Includes Dame Cleo
Laine - not exactly an opera diva, but one
nevertheless; also has my favorite Dame, Judi Dench.

Maria Callas -
Edith Piaf: La vie en rose - don't have the specs;
check Amazon

D. Moore, soprano
on sabbatical in DC

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com