Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jen <voiceslp@y...>
Date:  Wed Jun 5, 2002  6:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] floaty high notes

This is such a beautiful and poignant piece of music,
isn't it? and I know which note exactly you're
talking about. That last line about "when twofold
silence was the song" with an octave leap on
pianissimo. (In my key, it's an E-flat.) I won't give
any technical advice on achieving that pp since I
think others already have and are better at it than I,
but I will suggest that you don't start off the phrase
too quietly. make sure you have space to dimuendo.
Just in case you haven't already thought of this... :)

I hope you have a nice time with this piece,
Jen

--- Lea Ann Martin <Lea-Ann@c...> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I just bought a pretty piece of music...V williams,
> Silent Noon in the Key of F.
>
> I was going through it and have sung it probably 10
> times since yesterday. I have noticed in this piece
> and in all my others that I am not able to produce a
> floaty pianissimo high note. When I produce a
> lighter sounding note it sounds more shrill and
> fragile than I would like. And the resonance is
> unpredictable. To my mind the master of such notes
> is Renee Fleming...how does she do it?
>
> Any tips? Breath support, placement, tension?????
>
> Lea Ann
>

> removed]

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

emusic.com