Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Tue Jun 4, 2002  12:33 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What I Learned From My Audition (long)

How about auditioning WITHOUT an accompanist? When I hold auditions I
always ask singers to prepare something that they enjoy singing and
feel comfortable singing without accompaniment. I want to hear them
sing without the distraction of the accompaniment, good or bad.

I also ask them to prepare two or three short pieces from my group's
repertoire, for which I supply the accompaniment myself (as I do when
we perform). One of those pieces is always a duet, and I sing the
other part, so that I can find out what it is like to sing with the
person.

John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs: