Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison"<peggyh@i...>
Date:  Mon Jun 3, 2002  8:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What I Learned From My Audition (long)

On Mon, 03 Jun 2002 19:45:16 -0000 omtara <cantare@p...> wrote:

>>LESSONS LEARNED - When I have control of what I do, and I am prepared for what
may happen, and I set the tone for what I do, and I am focused on what I know
works instead of judging how it sounds
to other people after the fact, a lot of problems will be fixed. I will not
sound so nervous and unsteady, because I won't be there evaluating what I sound
like and finding it lacking yet sabotaging
the only way that I could make it sound better, thereby just making it sound
worse. What a nasty cycle! How can anyone do a good job under those conditions?

>>Well, thanks for reading - feel free to comment on or criticize anything I've
said here if you're interested. Thanks!

Karena, what a great post. It's one of the best things I've ever read on this
list. You took an experience that was difficult and painful and you not only
learned from it yourself, you have also shared it with others by writing about
it so eloquently. Thanks so much!

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19259 Re: What I Learned From My Audition (long)Elizabeth Finkler   Mon  6/3/2002
19261 Re: What I Learned From My Audition (long)Jen   Tue  6/4/2002
19262 Re: What I Learned From My Audition (long)John Link   Tue  6/4/2002
19269 Re: What I Learned From My Audition (long)Margaret L. Harrison   Tue  6/4/2002
19272 Re: What I Learned From My Audition (long)Christine Thomas   Tue  6/4/2002
19273 Re: What I Learned From My Audition (long)omtara   Tue  6/4/2002

emusic.com