Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Mon May 27, 2002  9:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: teaching the very young

Also, I have a keyboard with a transpose button so if any piece of music
pushes the range, I can change it by a semitone or tone to make it fit the
student better. Often, years later, we'll come back to these pieces and see
how our range has increased and how much our voice has changed.

***

I love my transposition buttons. The kids call them the "magic buttons."
The joke is that I can keep playing the same exercise in C major and just
push a button -- but it also keeps them from knowing just how high they're
singing (since there's no way in my studio to move the piano so that they
can't see the keyboard).

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"

emusic.com