Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Fri May 17, 2002  7:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Amazing Opera review

There
are many brilliant performers out there who couldn't and/or can't
teach anyone anything. It does take a particular type of talent.

And I like to think that I can preform and I can teach as well ... in fact,
I have a problem with voice teachers who can't (and I know a few). I
certainly wouldn't want to take lessons from someone who can't perform.
Perhaps if I took voice lessons just for the intellectual exercise and have
no interest in performing (and I have a couple of students who do), it would
be different.

The students who interest me the most are the ones who want to perform and I
think I have something to give them on a technical level and as future
performers.

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"

emusic.com