Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Fri May 17, 2002  4:44 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Just a request for advice

Katherine wrote:

<<<competitions, training
programs or anything of the sort in Utah..preferably the Salt Lake>>>

Hi Katherine,

I just joined a music teacher’s organization called “Music Teachers
National Association” which is a group of mostly private music teachers
of all types of instruments (mostly piano, I think) but also voice. I
just got my first magazine and noticed there is a national competition
for age 14-19 that includes voice. Your voice teacher would need to be
a MTNA member. The application must be submitted for the state
competition by September and the National competition is in Salt Lake
City in March. The repertoire requirement is 1. Italian art song or
early aria, 2. 1 german lied or French melodie, 3. 1 20th century art
song in English and 4. an additional art song of the entrant’s choice.

I’m not clear if a student needs to win at the state and district level
to apply for nationals… so if your teacher is a member he/she would
know, I suppose.

Deanna Reitan

---

emusic.com