Vocalist.org archive

From:  "arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
Date:  Mon May 13, 2002  2:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Richard Miller

The classes are in Salzburg, Austria. Usually the auditions take
place when you arrive to see whether you are in the class or not but
I sort of begged: i.e. I'm taking the time off work, it's expensive,
the travel is expensive etc. etc.

I would hate to have to sing on the first day!!!! That would be way
too scary!!!! I think the last is probably good because, as you
said, you've absorbed everything and in my case I wouldn't be as
nervous because I'd just be so keen to get up there and sing!!!!

Kirsty

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
wrote:
> << How many pieces should I turn up with? Has
> anyone else out there done classes with The GREAT Richard Miller.>>
>
> Where are you doing the workshop? I did a weeklong one in Chicago
a few
> years ago. I prepared one piece - that's all there was time for.
It was
> wonderful - I must say that since I sang on the last day of master
classes,
> I had absorbed what to do when I sang so it went extremely well! I
wonder
> how well I would have sung if it had been on day 1. It was a
wonderful
> experience and I'd like to go again.
>
> Enjoy!!
>

> Christine Thomas,
> Mezzo Soprano
>
> "I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-
a!"

emusic.com