Vocalist.org archive

From:  norma bowen <normasings2000@y...>
Date:  Fri May 10, 2002  11:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Advice for a

Hi , I agree with Margaret that the accompanist should
be very familiar with the music and you shuld not let
that stand in the way.
You should sing ,what ever shows off your voice best.
Goodluck.
--- "Margaret L. Harrison" <peggyh@i...>
wrote:

> On Thu, 09 May 2002 12:55:44 -0700 Elizabeth Finkler
> <mightymezzo@h...> wrote:
>
> >>I have an audition for "Candide" for a small opera
> company in San Francisco. I've played the Old Lady
> (see the "Candide" page on my website), so I'm
> well-acquainted with her aria "I am easily
> assimiliated." HOWEVER, that aria is a) quite long
> and b) a real beast for the accompanist.
>

> One would think the accompanist for a production of
> Candide would be familiar with the song. And who
> says you have to sing all the verses? I'd recommend
> singing whichever one shows you to best advantage,
> and if it's "Assimilated" say at the outset that in
> the interest of time you plan to sing only X number
> of verses, but if they would prefer you are prepared
> to sing the entire piece.
>
> Peggy
>

> Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19084 Introduction & a QuestionSteven Cogswell   Tue  5/14/2002
19087 Summer trip to Oberlin, OHEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Wed  5/15/2002
19120 Re: Introduction & a QuestionLloyd W. Hanson   Fri  5/17/2002

emusic.com