Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann Martin" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Fri May 3, 2002  2:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] vocal fold burning.

> One of my former students/college roommate had that problem and she went
> her ENT - despite the fact that she had no symptoms of heartburn, he
> diagnosed gastric reflux. Check it out ... she's on prevacid now.
>
> Christine Thomas,
> Mezzo Soprano

It's amazing what reflux can do. Since I have been taking aciphex for mine,
I can sing higher and longer than every before. Before finding out about
the reflux I would sing and not really feel anything terrible...but just not
sound as wonderful as I wanted to...and not be able to control pitch as well
as I wanted. And on days when my throat (tonsils) were sore due to the acid
it would really be horrible. Acid is bad bad stuff. If you think you might
have an issue with reflux don't wait for it to resolve itself...go see
someone, you will be amazed at how much better you will feel and sound!

Lea Ann

emusic.com