Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 29, 2002  3:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Principles of Voice Production,clarify loft???

In a message dated 4/26/2002 7:14:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
michael.chesebro@w... writes:

> This is the term used to denote what singers refer to as "head voice" in a
> speech mode. When in loft register, the entire length of the vocal fold is
> used rather than the anterior 2/3 as is noted in "chest voice" or modal
> register.
>
> It is a disadvantage that speech therapists, voice researchers, and voice
> teachers are not all using the same terms. Thanks for asking.
>

> Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
> Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965

Michael,

Isn't that turned around? I was under the understanding that chest/modal
voice used the entire length of the vocal fold in vibration, and head or loft
(which is an excellent way of describing the sensation for many) was when the
vocal fold length was shorter.

THanks for any clarification and reference points,
Mary Beth Felker

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18971 Re: Principles of Voice Production,clarify loft??buzzcen@a...   Mon  4/29/2002

emusic.com