Vocalist.org archive

From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Mon Apr 29, 2002  5:19 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Principles of Voice Production

>michael,
>
> are you saying that head voice can be used in a speech mode, implying
>that such usage would be in the same pitch area as 'normal' speaking? if
>so, are you saying that this use of head voice refers to vocal fold behavior
>and not just to resonance sensations? if so, how do you know?

I saw it on an endoscopic examination. Let's call it cupo instead of head
voice. I don't want to confuse the issue with a number of presuppositions.
The covered sound of the voice is perhaps a more accurate description of
loft register.
. . .

> if the use of the head voice configuration of the vocal folds is
>common in speech, that fact would certainly defeat the notion that such a
>usage is exclusive.

The use of loft in speech is not unusual.

Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965
Wireless: 562/884-2122

emusic.com