Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sat Apr 27, 2002  11:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] College Audition

singingfan wrote:

> ahh help!
>
> I need some music vocal program audition advice.
> I have already been accepted to the main college, now I need to
> audition of the music program. I'm 17(will be 18 on may 2nd) so I
> will be entering as a freshmen.
>
> -To audition I need to sing 2 songs from memory of 2 separate styles.
> One of them needs to be classical.
> -It also says I need to sight sing.
> -And also vocalize scales and arpeggios.
>
> I have had lots of choral experience.
> I generally have the strongest area of my voice in the alto 1/soprano
> 2 range.
>
> What are some good pieces that aren't really hard to memorize that I
> could perform?

For English and classical, I'd suggest you look at some of
the Benjamin Britten folk song setting - such as "Sally
Gardens", "O, Waly Waly" "The Ash Grove" are some of the
shorter, simpler ones.

You might also check some of the Copeland "Old American
Songs": "Long
Time Ago" or "At the River" are not hard to learn.

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18960 Re: College Auditionsnide76258   Sun  4/28/2002

emusic.com