Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ashish Samwill David <death_waters@y...>
Date:  Thu Apr 25, 2002  9:06 pm
Subject:  Hello People.

Hi Everyone,
Im Ashish, 22 from New Delhi , India. I was searching for some content on the
net which would guide me to improve my vocals and I saw a link somewhere which
told me about this group on yahoo and I immediately subscribed to it. Im honored
to be a part of this group which I guess consists mainly of teachers of western
classical / opera / choral vocals. I have never been formally trained, but have
been lucky enough to get through difficult auditions and have been able to sing
in musicals that were done by some of the biggest names in musical theater
groups in my city, which is India's capital city. I had important roles in Jesus
Christ Superstar , Les Misrables, Chorus Line, Sleeping Beauty, Matilda, Fiddler
on The Roof and a few lesser known ones. I also used to sing for an
alternative-rock band, which used to cover bands like Alice In Chains, Pearl
Jam, Bush, RATM etc. Im planning to go to the local music school where I plan to
get proper vocal training so that my voice can be improved.
Hoping to learn from the experiences of all you gifted people.
Ashish
ps: I hope i dont look too out of place here! :o)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18926 Re: Hello People.Erica Zweig   Thu  4/25/2002
18927 When to Say No and HowMilena Sertich Grubor   Fri  4/26/2002
18959 Re: Hello People.Ashish Samwill David   Sun  4/28/2002

emusic.com