Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <rossicaio@h...>
Date:  Wed Apr 24, 2002  4:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Nightwish

I have two of their cds: Oceanborn and Wishmaster. I like her voice very
much, but not much the timbres, melodies and arrangements on the cd,
although the musicians are great ( just our preferences are not the same ).

I think people will like these songs the most, at least to get to know her
voice:

from Oceanborn:

Swanheart
Walking in the Air

from Wishmaster:

Sleeping Sun ( bonus track in the Brazilian cd, at least ). The one that
introduced me to them.

There are SOME bands with operatic female vocalists, mostly in Europe, both
on classically-oriented heavy bands, like Nightwish and Dreams of Sanity,
and on heavier ones, like Therion and Paradise Lost ( special
participations ). Many thrash metal and "atmospheric" bands have "evolved"
(?) and adopted more intricate melodies, typical national instruments,
and... opera(-like) female leading or "supporting" vocals.

Best "night" wishes,

Caio