Vocalist.org archive

From:  Erica Zweig <ezweig@e...>
Date:  Mon Apr 22, 2002  8:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I was right...

Quoting Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>:

the only songs on it (their list)even remotely
appropriate for a Mother Superior audition are "America
the Beautiful" and "God Bless America" - and then only
if I interpolate a good sustained high note at the end.
It's either that, or find a karaoke accompaniment for
"You'll never walk alone", which
would seem the obvious choice of song for this audition.

--I have participated in auditions where they had
auditioners do vocal exercises as a way of becoming
familiar with what their voices could do. Might that be
a possibility here, along with the choice from their
"stock" list? Just a thought.
--Erica

emusic.com