Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Wed May 24, 2000  6:57 pm
Subject:  Ciao, Ci Vediamo!

Dear List:

I have to say a temporary (I hope) farewell to the List. I have had thoracic
outlet syndrome for years, caused by an old clavicular fracture and my
Vocalist addiction has been really exacerbating it - too much keyboard and
mouse work late at night when I'm too tired to use my body as well as I
should. I'm hoping I can just rest for a few months and come back, but for
now I'm taking the pledge and swearing off the computer for awhile.

I'll just quickly say how helpful, challenging and supportive a community I
have found in Vocalist. When I'm exhausted from full-time mothering, choir
directing, child care providing, home maintenance, my practice schedule and
teaching privately, I can check out the day's posts and get excited about
teaching all over again. It's helped keep me from becoming complacent as a
teacher and as a singer, introduced me to new literature, both pedagogy and
repertoire, and offered remedies and professional advice for health
challenges that really bug singers.

I hope you'll keep me in mind when you all make the move back to Vocalist
because I would like to dig into the archives occasionally for the coming
months I'll be missing.

In the meantime, best wishes to all of you and sincerest thanks. If anyone
needs to contact me, you are welcome to write to me at:

Laura Sharp
Director of Children's Music
1st Presbyterian Church
State and Willett Streets
Albany NY 12210

or email me at:
lasharp@n...
(But I won't be checking my mail regularly til my shoulder clears up. : )

I'll sign off with my favorite quote:

"The secret in singing lies between the vibration in the singer's voice and
the throb in the hearer's heart"
Kahlil Gibran

emusic.com