Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Sat Apr 20, 2002  2:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Opera for young voices

I'll betcha a quarter this is for some kid doing Blanche Thebom's Opera for
the Prepubescent Summer Workshop. I had a young student do this -- she was
a nice kid with a lovely voice, but one that was not more developed than
another child of her age. She got the idea from doing stuff like this
program that rep appropriate to her current development level was too
childish -- she had a voice suited to "Easy songs for the beginning soprano"
but a mindset for "Puccini Arias for Soprano."

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"

emusic.com