Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Wed May 24, 2000  7:17 am
Subject:  Pavarotti on MP3

Just discovered Pavarotti on MP3. I thought only unknowns were on this site and
I didn't expect to hear fine opera. (MP3 plays entire pieces, not clips.) Also
appearing here in full performances are Sir Yehudi Menuhin, Peter Katin, London
Festival Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, Mozart Festival Orchestra, Royal
Philharmonic Orchestra, The English Brass Ensemble and a host of others. This
is the address to hear Luciano Pavarotti, the world's most recognized modern day
opera singer, perform Puccini's "La Boheme - O Soave Fanciulla" on MP3.com.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/c7/LUCIANOPAVAROTTI_7211_qb0_sub1.html?cp=pavaro\
tti_link1

For you AOL people-
(artists.mp3s.com/artists/c7/LUCIANOPAVAROTTI_7211_qb0_sub1.html?cp=pavarotti_li\
nk1)

Just thought you'd like to know. I admit, Pavarotti is somewhat of an egotist
but what a voice he has.

FYI

While I am discussing MP3, we just signed a new 12 year old girl who has been
blind since birth (optical bundle damage) who loves music and has been studying
voice, composition and piano for several years. She's up on MP3 with a
beautiful song she composed, wrote lyrics for, played on her piano and sang, to
which we added some simple orchestration.

She shames me. I often complain about this and that affecting my music
performance but here's Kayla, happy, loving and full of life with a talent many
dream of having and she's had to get it all without using her eyes. Plus she's a
'doll' and makes me smile. Her site is at www.mp3.com/Kayla if you would like
to hear what this little blind girl is doing. And she loves to hear comments of
prople who like her song (her email is vocalized so she can hear).

--
Dean FH Macy, Lit.D./Mus.D.

"Specializing in Management of exceptionally talented youth in Music"
<http://www.newenglandtalent.org> EPI Records - NetWork Films

"Making children do something they don't want to do is the job of the parents.
If that doesn't work, there are always juvenile detention centers." - Mike R.
-

emusic.com