Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Peter Louis van Dijk" <plvdijk@i...>
Date:  Tue May 23, 2000  11:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary]getting jobs--repertoire

----------

Date:Wed, 24 May, 12:12 am

Fiona- 2:44 am?! Wow!

It comes from the Mass in C (Krönungsmesse) with the ending adapted for solo
voice because the choir comes in somewhere towards the end. I got it from an
album of sacred arias by Mozart(Geistliche Arien :Universal Edition,
probably seriously out of print by now).

I didn't know this aria either until someone asked me to sing it. I paged
through this album and serendipidously found it. Such a useful addition to
one's repertoire!

The album also contains the gem :Laudate Dominum as a solo, with obligato
violin.

Regards

Susi

emusic.com