Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ms Christine Zimmermann <zimmecp@y...>
Date:  Sat Apr 13, 2002  7:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] 2 questions. Exercise and smoking

yoga works really well for me...there is a tape and
book called "the art of breathing" it is good to...it
stregthens the breathing muscles!...I always feel
better about my singing when i get in a good run but
have had little time to do that lately...and for
weight training...there are varied opinions on this
but as long as you are REALLY careful you should be
fine (by this I mean...when you lift weights like a
power lifter you will feel a poppping sensation in
your throat...you DON'T want that) but if you lift
lighter weights and keep the breath flowing you
shouldn't feel that popping sensation...and you
probably be fine...i find that when my body is in
better condition...my singing is too! and when all
else fails...BIKRAM YOGA!

As for smoking ...NO NO NO...BAD BAD BAD! Don;t do
it...
Good Luck!
christine z