Vocalist.org archive

From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Sat Apr 13, 2002  12:38 am
Subject:  program details (was: Re: Recital announcements)

Friday, April 12, 2002, 2:03:12 PM, Mark Montgomery wrote:

tmm> I, too, enjoy hearing about programs other singers are doing, but Vicki,
tmm> please tell us what you are singing.

Thank you for asking!

Today is a good day to answer - I just finished the layout for my
program. (I'm pasting it directly to the post, so it may look a little
weird, and the underlining and italics seem to have been lost, but I
didn't want to sent any unsolicited attachments.)

Who Wears the Pants? (Women Taking on the Roles of Men)

Program

Part One: Role Reversal in the Theater

"Empio diro tu sei" from Giulio Cesare George Frideric Handel
"She Never Told Her Love" Franz Joseph Haydn
"Parto, parto" from La clemenza di Tito Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
"Non so più cosa son, cosa faccio"
from Le nozze di Figaro Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Part Two: Defying the Fashion Police

Joan of Arc
"I Am a Soldier" from
Herstory III: Jehanne de Lorraine Elizabeth Vercoe

La Maupin
"Estes-vous satisfaits" from Tancrède André Campra

INTERMISSION

Part Three: In a Man's World

Pauline Viardot
Cadenza in "Amour, viens rendre à
mon âme" from Orfée et Eurydice
by Gluck Pauline Viardot

George Sand
"Les Filles de Cadix" Pauline Viardot
"Séparation" - duet - with soprano Patricia Smith Frédéric Chopin,
arranged by
Pauline Viardot
"Prelude no. 4 in e minor" for piano Frédéric Chopin

Poldowski
"Fantoches" Poldowski
"Dansons la Gigue!" Poldowski

Part Four: Borrowing His Repertoire

"Hallo que ningun poder" from
Cuatro canciones de Jorge Manrique Lawrence Sisk
"A Hymn to Him" from My Fair Lady Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick

Loewe
A surprise finale

All details for all my performances are always available on my
website:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mbryantsprint/music_business.htm

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL