Vocalist.org archive

From:  "ebardua" <ebardua@y...>
Date:  Tue Apr 9, 2002  9:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Rep: Te Deum

I have one more suggestions - from the Te Deum for chorus and
orchestra by M.A. Charpentier, there is a gorgeous short soprano solo
(for a high, light voice preferably) of the text Te ergo quaesumus.
I think it would fit very well into a mass.

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
wrote:

> A "Te Deum" is simply a canticle of thanksgiving with the text "We
praise
> Thee, O God" - there is a popular Protestant hymn by that first line
> title. However, you might look at Handel's Dettingen Te Deum - it
has
> several extractable solos that might fit your purpose.
Purcell's "We sing
> to Him" might work as well - check these with your local clergy.
>
> Mark

emusic.com