Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Tue Apr 9, 2002  6:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Do they sound like opera singers? [WAS: trading low notes for ...

In a message dated 4/9/2002 1:53:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
johnlink@n... writes:

> She has
> obviously forgotten how to just sing. I'm certain that it is
> something that she can again recall, but it will take a fair amount
> of work and a lot of willingness to abandon the compulsions for which
> she has spent a lot of money and to which she has devoted a lot of
> time.

you may have to help them, john. probably the best thing to do is
find singers who are willing to try different things and who are into your
vision. these singers may not start off closest to what you want but, they
might be the ones most willing to go all the way. what you have to do is
show them exactly how far you want it to go. then, you have to help them
get there. this last part could be a lot of fun: playing some theater
games, singing drunk, going to a school for little kids and let them teach
you, etc., etc.

> > 'plain vanilla' is what you're looking for.
>
> Probably. It tastes so good.

and you can put anything on it. try that with rasberry sherbert
swirl.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18634 Re: Do they sound like opera singers? [WAS: tradiJohn Link   Tue  4/9/2002

emusic.com