Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Tue Apr 9, 2002  5:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Do they sound like opera singers? [WAS: trading low notes for ...

In a message dated 4/9/2002 10:39:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
johnlink@n... writes:

> I'm currently looking for singers for my vocal quintet who can sing
> jazz without sounding like jazz singers, classical music without
> sounding like classical singers, bluegrass without sounding like
> bluegrass singers, and folk music without sounding like folk singers.
> I'm wondering whether someone who comes from the speech-based school
> might be a such a singer.

john,

i don't think it's a matter of 'can' they do it but, a matter of
'will' they do it. any singer can sing anything as if they were singing in
the car on a long road trip or, singing goofy songs as if they were singing
to little kids. 'plain vanilla' is what you're looking for.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18621 Re: Do they sound like opera singers? [WAS: tradiJohn Link   Tue  4/9/2002
18630 Re: Do they sound like opera singers? [WAS: tradiGreypins@a...   Tue  4/9/2002
18634 Re: Do they sound like opera singers? [WAS: tradiJohn Link   Tue  4/9/2002

emusic.com