Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Apr 9, 2002  3:48 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] how do you define 'head voice'?

In a message dated 4/8/2002 3:51:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
AZurcher@i... writes:

> Randy wrote :
>
> << air seem to simply bubble at about the junction of the anterior
> two-thirds of the cords >>
>
> But at the same time, air is escaping through the posterior third? In my
> vocal fry at least, I hear air leaking alongside the bubbles...

I'm not sure, I'm just going off the sources. I'd have to look at a lot of
footage to determine that. However, a lot of times what we sense and what's
actually happening are two different things. That being said, I would never
dismiss the sensations, they do serve an important function but you can't
accurately deduce function from them.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com