Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Tue Apr 9, 2002  2:09 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] nasal consonants as 'head voice' triggers (NOT!)

In a message dated 4/8/2002 3:44:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rossicaio@h... writes:

> You're working with what can be measured or seen, the vocal
> mechanism, and I would never say that's really wrong. Only not enough.I'm
> talking about something that is also attached to the vocal mechanism, the
> nervous system ( which includes THE BRAIN ), the one that's responsible for
> dreams, multiple personalities, dillusions, automatic writing, the
> coordination of all the structures Randy knows so deeply, even in those who
> don't know they have those structures, etc, etc.

caio,

it could be argued that the voice, and its workings, is just a medium
for expression so, those who prefer to think of it as a mechanism, rather
than a mental illness, probably would rather save all of their multiple
personalities for the expression of their vision rather than wasting a drop
of it on the 'how' of singing.

one question i have for you: do you have a falsetto that is clearly
distinguishable from the rest of your voice? (curiosity, not a trap)

mike

emusic.com