Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 8, 2002  6:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] trading low notes for a higher tessitura?

april_salerno@y... writes:

> After working on repertoire that sits in a high
> tessitura, I notice that the lowest notes in my range
> aren't as accessible, or just plain missing

This happens to me to, and my speaking voice is affected as well. I could
continue to sing in the stratosphere for ages but the lower part just goes.
I asked my teacher about this and she said this was common but didn't know
why. I just sort of assumed that after being stretched and thinned out the
cords have a hard time loosening up for the lower pitches. Even so, this is
only a guess and I really don't have a clue.

Leslie

emusic.com