Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <rossicaio@h...>
Date:  Mon Apr 8, 2002  3:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] nasal consonants as 'head voice' triggers (NOT!)

Randy:>As far as I know, trigger was roy rogers horse and I can't conceive
how a nasal consonant would help the horse "neigh" any higher than it
already did (rip).<

Of course you can't conceive it. You approach is exclusively bottom-up. Your
profile is like of those who, after looking at neurons through a microscope,
would deny people have emotions, memory, reasoning, etc if that didn't mean
Randy himself did not exist.

Similarly, physicians generally like the theory that dreams are produced by
Rapid Eye Movements ( REM ) generating random electric impulses in the
visual/aural cortex. If you ask them how come dreams have a plot,
characters, etc, displaying obvious non-random elements, they can't give you
an answer logically implied from what they have just said. There's only one
explanation: their theory is WRONG!!!!!!!! No wonder they can't conceive a
explanation.

Caio

emusic.com