Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Sat Apr 6, 2002  11:21 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] vocal fold fuction regarding vowels/laryngitis

laryngitis was on its way.
I know this is probably more of a common sense
question, but is this common? >>>>

Hi April,

Laryngitis is a viral infection in the larynx, which affects the vocal
cords and it doesn’t have to be accompanied by a fever or anything else
that usually makes us feel “sick”. I’ve only had it once and it
affected my voice exactly the same way as you described. It’ll go away
on it’s own accord in about 4 to 5 days. Be sure you drink lots of
water and speak lightly. One of my students was afflicted this same way
last December, and when her voice came back it was exactly the same as
it was before the virus hit.

Deanna

---

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18527 Re: vocal fold fuction regarding vowels/laryngitiLloyd W. Hanson   Sun  4/7/2002
18529 Re: vocal fold function regarding vowels/laryngitEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Sun  4/7/2002

emusic.com