Vocalist.org archive

From:  "hraiswell" <hraiswell@r...>
Date:  Fri Apr 5, 2002  11:43 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: rrrrrrrrr

> a. Tip of the tongue farther back in the mouth than I thought.

I also spent a long time trying to do the tongue trill and i only got
it (that is, hoping I'm doing it correctly) when i put my tongue
further back on the ridge and not just behind the teeth as suggested
by other sources including some vocalisters. (Whenever I have
technical problems I wonder how important individual variations in
anatomy are and whether I am doing things correctly. I mean is there
an official tongue-trilling position ? )
Coinciding with the cat songs theme (I'm really not obsessed with
cats), i've found that if I go for prrrrrrrr rather than trrrrrrrrr, i
get into the position for trilling which works for me.
Helen

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18698 Coastal Georgia Voice Teacher?Dolphin aura   Sat  4/13/2002
18699 Breathering exercisesDolphin aura   Sat  4/13/2002
18854 Re: Breathering exercisesthe singer   Tue  4/23/2002
18860 Re: Breathering exercisesSharon Szymanski   Tue  4/23/2002

emusic.com