Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Thu Apr 4, 2002  12:42 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Male/Female registers (was: how do you define 'head voice'?)

Randy said:
**********************
This artificial induction of vocal fold lengthening contributes to many
vocal
problems in my opinion including the need for much higher airflow due to
poor
prephonatory tuning of the folds.
**********************

Randy,

This reminds me of something you recently said that confused me. You
mentioned in an earlier post that higher airflow (or was it higher air
pressure) rates was a cause of laryngeal raising, or something to that
effect. Would you mind explaining this to me. As always, I appreciate your
posts.

David Grogan
Marshall, Texas

p.s. I found the post you made before I sent this message. The exact quote
is:
"More airflow up top is one of the major reasons singer's engage extrinsic
laryngeal muscles."

emusic.com