Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Ruiz" <laura@l...>
Date:  Thu Apr 4, 2002  2:26 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] rrrrrrrrr

James,
I've always had the same problem, and no matter how much I try the
exercises different people have given me to try, I just can't roll/trill
an 'r'. I can, however, trill a 'g' very nicely. This isn't very good
for singers, though, because it means that all that work is being done
at the back of the throat. It sounds similar to a rolled 'r', but I'm
told that it's more definitely a French 'r', and not acceptable for use
when pronouncing Italian especially (for that I just kind of "flip" a
'd' sound - not nearly as dramatic as the rolled 'r', but at least it
sounds respectably Italian - or so I'm told).

Good luck, and maybe you'll have luck with the many different exercises.
I know lots of people who have had luck.

All the best,
Laura

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18463 Re: rrrrrrrrrDiane M. Clark   Thu  4/4/2002
18655 Re: rrrrrrrrrbjjocelyn@p...   Thu  4/11/2002
18656 Re: rrrrrrrrrKaren Mercedes   Thu  4/11/2002
18657 Re: rrrrrrrrrLaura Ruiz   Thu  4/11/2002
18469 Re: rrrrrrrrrKaren Mercedes   Thu  4/4/2002

emusic.com