Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue May 23, 2000  4:12 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Weddings & Funerals & Money

In a message dated 05/22/2000 6:29:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
jennibri@i... writes:

<< Now I've got a great repertoire list (this topic has been perfectly timed
for me :o) and I'm about to start advertising my services. My biggest
question now is how much do I charge? And do I provide the pianist/organist
or will they? >>

Oh, btw, add "Precious Lord take my hand" (or "Take my hand, precious Lord")
to that list. Also, I'm looking for a copy of Alison Krauss' "Heaven's
Shore" for a funeral on Wednesday... anyone have it??

I asked $75 when I first started and I'm up to $125 (not my doing, the
funeral home paid me that once for a really involved gig and started telling
everyone else that it was my fee and that's what I get).

They usually provide my organist - I have a few that I like to work with and
they'll ask them first.

Chris

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Oh, I got plenty Akhnaten, Akhnaten's plenty for me" :)

emusic.com