Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Wed Apr 3, 2002  6:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Retirement Party Ideas

In a message dated 4/2/2002 10:48:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
didigirl1@j... writes:

> That's a good question and a tough one to answer. Dad's not much into
> music at all although he has mentioned that he likes Kenny Rogers. My mom
> is very much into music (contemporary vocalists, Broadway, New
> Age/Celtic, NO OPERA!!!). The party will definitely be informal and have
> a lot of humor - that's Dad's personality. We may even have a "roast".
> But we are putting together a video of highlights of his life and I
> thought that I'd either sing while the video was being shown or have it
> recorded onto the video itself - I need to work those details out- that's
> the next step. I'm planning on singing alone... no one else in my family
> sings or hasn't for many, many years.

I don't know what you think of these songs, but Kenny Rogers' "Through the
Years" would be VERY appropriate, and, of course, Frank Sinatra's war horse
"My Way" is always a crowd pleaser. Especially if you rewrite some of the
lyrics to reflect people and things your Dad has experienced through his
life. You could also try "When I'm 64" by the Beatles and make it "When I'm
65" or some such thing.
TinaO

emusic.com