Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Karin Mandix" <kmx@m...>
Date:  Tue Apr 2, 2002  8:40 pm
Subject:  Re: Re: how do you define 'head voice'?

Lloyd wrote:
<<Head voice is what one hears when an opera singer sings in full voice
above his upper passaggio point. This would be about G above middle C for
the tenor and E or F above middle C for the Baritone. It is the voice we
hear in all, I repeat ALL, operatic male singers such as Björling, Tucker,
Peerce, Domingo, Pavarotti, etc. and Warren, Milnes, Hampson, etc. >>

Dear Lloyd,

Just to clarify: Are you defining head voice as a phenonomon in the male
voice only, or just trying to avoid starting a fresh version of the "Do
women sing in falsetto or head?"-disscussion?

(Yep, I'm feeling left out, and I'm in a joking mode. Please forgive... i
just hope the discussion
veers towards the sopranos later).
Karin
kmx@m...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18430 Re: how do you define 'head voice'?Reg Boyle   Tue  4/2/2002
18434 Re: how do you define 'head voice'?Lloyd W. Hanson   Wed  4/3/2002
18449 Re: how do you define 'head voice'?Jennifer   Wed  4/3/2002

emusic.com