Vocalist.org archive

From:  didigirl1@j...
Date:  Tue Apr 2, 2002  6:46 pm
Subject:  Re: Retirement Party Ideas

>>What kind of vocal music does your Dad like? Are you
looking for a number of songs or only one solo?

What kind of music does your Dad love? Listen to? I would use that as my
guide.

That's a good question and a tough one to answer. Dad's not much into
music at all although he has mentioned that he likes Kenny Rogers. My mom
is very much into music (contemporary vocalists, Broadway, New
Age/Celtic, NO OPERA!!!). The party will definitely be informal and have
a lot of humor - that's Dad's personality. We may even have a "roast".
But we are putting together a video of highlights of his life and I
thought that I'd either sing while the video was being shown or have it
recorded onto the video itself - I need to work those details out- that's
the next step. I'm planning on singing alone... no one else in my family
sings or hasn't for many, many years.

Thanks Karen for all the suggestions- they are great.

Didi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18448 Re: Retirement Party IdeasODivaTina@a...   Wed  4/3/2002

emusic.com