Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Yvonne Dechance" <ydechance@h...>
Date:  Mon Apr 1, 2002  4:21 pm
Subject:  Re: Ethel Merman

Several people have been discussing early recordings of Ethel Merman.

For those of you who have access to the Classic Arts Showcase television
broadcasts (not online but described at http://www.classicartsshowcase.org/)
one of the video clips they show features a very young Ethel Merman. I
believe she's in her teens or early twenties in the clip, and you can hear
for yourself what Mark and others are talking about when they say how
particularly fine her early singing was. I didn't recognize her for a moment
the first time I saw the clip, but the core of her voice gave it away long
before the credits came on screen.

Just something to keep an eye (and an ear) out for,

-y

_Dr. Yvonne Dechance

NATS Webmaster, http:/www.nats.org
Email: webmaster@n...
Homepage: http://www.scaredofthat.com/yworld/
Diction Domain: http://scaredofthat.com/dictiondomain

18394 Re: Ethel MermanElizabeth Finkler   Mon  4/1/2002
18395 UMKCMolly McLinden   Mon  4/1/2002
18397 Re: UMKCmike zhang   Mon  4/1/2002

emusic.com