Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 1, 2002  12:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] HEAD VOICE AND ROCK=> definitions needed

In a message dated 3/31/2002 7:13:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scol8413@m... writes:

> At 11:21 AM 31/03/2002 -0500, mike wrote:
>
> >my own perspective on head voice use in classical and pop ...
> >although, there is clearly more sub-glottal pressure when
> >singing classical.
>
> On same fundamental frequency at same intensity ... no.
>
> Sally

sally,

i was refering more to the sensations of how i operate the machine.
unfortunately, i only have my own subjective observations to go on as far as
this subject is concerned. while i have had plenty of oppurtunity to do
spectral analysis, there has not been an oppurtunity for me to view the
activity of my vocal folds while singing different styles.

mike

emusic.com