Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon May 22, 2000  7:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ladies' Recital Attire

>From: LMorgan923@a...
> I've been having the same problem. I am substantial in size, and I
>need
>a new concert dress. Everything I've seen is sleeveless, with an Empire
>waist and an a-line skirt - absolutely the worst possible thing I could
>wear.
> (And I agree with you on sleeveless dresses in church. I'm not fond of
>them
>anywhere, because most women are not flattered by sleeveless styles.)

Another thought:

The better-stocked stores will probably have evening "separates" as well as
gowns. Try combining the sleeveless gown (assuming there's nothing else
wrong with it) with an evening jacket, or even a beaded sweater.

Also, it might be easier to find stuff with sleeves if you shop at "holiday
season" (late fall) rather than "prom season" (spring).

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I don't think of myself as a canary. I am a big, bad-a** mockingbird.

1842 Re: Ladies' Recital Attire Shannon   Tue  5/23/2000   5 KB

emusic.com