Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ms Christine Zimmermann <zimmecp@y...>
Date:  Fri Mar 29, 2002  6:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Memorizing parts

if you are really in a hurry...and have a little
money...you might try the opera role prep cd's from
www.operapp.com
(NOTE: I haven't tried these) but they might really
help you "test" yourself to see where your problem
spots are...that way...you can sing along while you
move around...
you could also make you own with a minidisc recorder
and a good accompanist!
Christine

--- Mirko Ruckels <mirkoruckels@i...>
wrote:
> Does anybody have any good memorization techniques?
> I'm performing Don
> Ottavio in the ensemble from Don Giovanni (Act 6)
> and Tamino in the first
> act from Magic flute. I have to memorize these
> parts, and haven't really
> memorized long stretches of foreign languages before
> (ok I speak german, but
> not italian). I'm also auditioning in July for the
> Queensland opera chorus,
> and it's starting to dawn on me that my word
> memorization is not so crash
> hot.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mirko

18343 Re: coaching accompaniments (was: Memorizing partJennifer   Sat  3/30/2002

emusic.com