Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Thu Mar 28, 2002  4:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "Real" vocalises

>I think the Bachianas is considered a vocalise, but it's very much a work
>for soprano - don't think it would transpose well, because of the
>orchestration (8 - count 'em - 8 cellos). Also not sure I'd want to hear
>the work done with piano in lieu of those 8 cellos.

Christopher Parkening (guitar) and Kathleen Battle recorded it:
http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1475117274/pagename=/RP/CDN/CLASS/muzea\
lbum.html/itemid=381182

I haven't heard it for a while but I remember that it worked very
well. The link above has a sound sample (Windows only).

In general I would suggest that if there is a piece that you would
like to perform but it is in the wrong key for you or specifies
accompaniment that you don't have available, find yourself someone to
arrange the piece in a way that will work for you. (If you don't have
an arranger close to you, you can always call me!)

John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs:
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink2 (John Link Sextet)