Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Wed Mar 27, 2002  3:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Aria - Maria Stuarda

On a side note: this citation for this aria was in one of Lea Ann's notes
re: repertoire suggested by her teacher for the upcoming studio recital.
Needless to say, I was really horrified that a singer would suggest
anything to a student who was singing the other repertoire that Lea Ann
mentioned. That was my first clue...

Mark

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Karen Mercedes wrote:

> The main aria for Elisabetta in MARIA STUARDA is "Ah! Quando all'ara".
>
> While I've heard mezzos sing the role of Elisabetta, I have never heard of
> a mezzo singing the role - or the arias - written for Maria in this opera.
> I don't think doing so would be considered "kosher".

emusic.com