Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Tue Mar 26, 2002  8:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] San Fran teacher...?

In a message dated 3/26/2002 12:06:32 PM Central Standard Time,
mollythediva@y... writes:

> I am a very very young dramatic....I know there is a
> dramatic soprano there..my technique is fairly solid
> for my age, I basically need refining and someone who
> understands my rep...

Oh, one more thing. If you are a dramatic voice, I am a FIRM believer in
studying with someone who is your fach. There is such a huge disparity
between what a light soprano and a dramatic soprano experiences while
singing, and the dramatic voice is a difficult one to manage and understand,
unless the teacher is extremely flexible and brilliant. (Which is rare.) So,
the best safeguard is to find someone who has dealt with the issues of having
a big voice.
TinaO

emusic.com