Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Annelies Dille" <annelies_dille@h...>
Date:  Mon May 22, 2000  12:18 am
Subject:  Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition

Hi!

I'm a Belgian voice student and of course I'm attending every episode of the
Queen Elisabeth Competition on the television and maybe in real for the
finals.

The Competition has an official website in three languages (French, Dutch
and English): http://www.concours-reine-elisabeth.be
There is also a french magazine with comments on each stage of the
competition: http://www.freeflights.net/Ramifications/concours/intro.html

Unfortunately I think my English isn't good enough to write a daily report.
I'm also in the middle of my finals for my master degree so my time is
rather limited, but I'm willing to answer any questions, help to gather
information about the competition and his competitors, ...

The first thing I can do is give you the list of the singers who made it to
the finals.

Karen Wierzba Canada 25 soprano
Marina Poplavskaya Russia 22 soprano
Marius Brenciu Roumenia 26 tenor
Sunhae Im Korea 24 soprano
David Dong Qyu Lee Korea 22 counter-tenor
Véronique Solhosse Belgium 31 soprano
Robert Pomakov Canada 19 bas
Margriet Van Reisen Netherlands 28 alto
Marie-Nicole Lemieux Canada 24 alto
Pierre-Yves Pruvot France 29 bariton
Lubana Al Quntar Syria 27 soprano
Olga Pasichnyk Ukrain 32 soprano

More information of these singers you can find on the official website.

Greetings,

Annelies Dille
Leuven, Belgium

1894 Queen Elisabeth Competition Annelies Dille   Thu  5/25/2000   8 KB
1902 Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition R Ewan Stewart   Thu  5/25/2000   2 KB
1945 Queen Elisabeth Competition Annelies Dille   Sun  5/28/2000   12 KB
1953 Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition Lisa Miller   Mon  5/29/2000   13 KB
1948 Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition Axwell@a...   Sun  5/28/2000   2 KB
1950 Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition Isabelle Bracamonte   Sun  5/28/2000   2 KB
1966 Re: Queen Elisabeth Competition Cynthia Donnell   Tue  5/30/2000   2 KB

emusic.com