Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Mon Mar 25, 2002  1:18 am
Subject:  bone conduction & students

This questions is directly mostly to Randy B. and Dr. Lloyd,… but anyone
feel free to respond:

How do you explain to students the phenomenon of bone conduction as it
relates to the student “listening/hearing” themselves this way and
reacting negatively to the sound of their voice resonating correctly? I
explain bone conduction and that what I hear them sing and what they
are hearing is two entirely different sounds. (If I’m perceiving the
student is hearing themselves differently than I hear them.) Do you
record students and play it back so they can hear themselves as I hear
them? Or is there a way of teaching students to “hear” past the
‘ringing’ of the skull to what is vibrating out in the room?

Thank you for reply!

Deanna

---

emusic.com